/* Variable definitions

Tasty Side to Life Tours Website

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Real Deal Birthday Brunch

Potato Latkas with lemon creme fraiche, red onions,  dill, smoked salmon and capers



I decided to celebrate my birthday all month this month because, well yes, I am a bit ridiculous :) Other than that, I thought hey after successfully launching a champagne  business in a foreign country and getting settled in a new French city where I had to create my entire life from the ground up I deserved to spoil myself and congratulate myself for all my hard work.





 So, celebrating I have been doing. A concert, a dinner and dancing, a brunch and more to come (friend dinners, theatre shows, etc). This last weekend ended with me cooking a big 'ol brunch for a bunch of friends.





Cooking is what I love, it's my passion and this was by far the highlight of my b-day. I made a 5 course brunch for 6 friends and it was the most relaxed meal I have ever cooked (thanks mainly to 2 great, proficient and abnormally skilled choppers, mixers and sauteing professionals ie my friends Jackie and Darren who assisted as sous-chefs in the kitchen).

The 5 course brunch menu was as follows:  

MARKET FRESH WHITE ASPARAGUS
prosciutto, parmesan and white truffle oil





MINI POTATO LATKAS
smoked salmon, red onion, capers, dill, lemon creme fraiche




CRAB EGGS BENEDICT
poached eggs, crab, avocado, chives, lemon hollandaise, fresh bread





PALATE CLEANSER COURSE- RED EXOTIC FRUIT SALAD
watermelon, strawberries, bananas, kiwis, honey-mint-lime dressing, edible flowers






GINGERBREAD PANCAKES
homemade lemon curd, cinnamon, ginger pears, raspberries, edible flowers, fresh maple syrup   





Showing off our edible flower decoration techniques


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...